Energy Rater – Field Inspector
This entry-level position will be responsible for assisting with energy ratings for the certification of homes to energy efficiency standards including RESNET Home Energy Rating System (HERS), NYS Energy Code, EPA ENERGY STAR and Indoor airPLUS, DOE Zero Energy Ready Homes, Passive House Institute-US (PHIUS+) and other related programs.
Integral Building + Design (IBD) is an independent company based in the Hudson Valley with offices in New Paltz and Nyack, NY. We’re dedicated to improving the sustainability and resilience of buildings, specializing in Zero Energy and Carbon-Neutral performance goals. We’re seeking an individual to join our team who has high professional standards, is energetic and shares the core values of this mission-driven organization.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Energy Rater – Field Inspector will provide technical support to the IBD project teams for the completion of energy ratings and related projects. Specific tasks related to energy rating systems include:
- Preparing energy models and compliance reviews for single and multifamily buildings
- Conducting inspections of job sites for compliance with energy rating systems
- Performing field tests at rough and final construction for program compliance and
- Maintaining all files for program certification or review by a third party.
Other responsibilities may include evaluating the energy performance of buildings utilizing applied building science to identify improvements in building enclosures, mechanical systems and construction practices to reduce energy consumption and carbon emissions while improving indoor environmental quality. Training opportunities will be provided including both course work and On-the-Job mentoring.
Required skills, abilities and experience:
- Building science, residential energy evaluations, energy efficiency technologies
- Experience with reading/interpreting building plans and specifications
- Construction experience, project management or work in related trades
- Dynamic ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office and related software applications
- College degree or equivalent technical degree
- Valid Driver license and clean driving record
- Able and willing to travel with use of personal vehicle for transportation to project sites
- Able to climb ladders and carry up to 50lbs, as necessary
- Availability and interest in full-time employment.
Preferred skills and experience:
- BPI-Certification(s), USGBC LEED Green Associate, NATE or similar credentials
- Energy modeling experience: REM-Rate, Ekotrope, WUFI, Wrightsoft, eQUEST, CAD or similar apps
- Familiarity with energy efficiency or green building programs including ENERGY STAR, LEED, Enterprise green, Zero Energy Ready and Passive House
- General construction knowledge gained through hands-on experience
Compensation and Benefits: Commensurate with experience, including:
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Professional Development and Training
- Paid Travel
- Retirement / Matching IRA Plan
To Apply: Submit a Letter of Interest along with your Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- NOTE: Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
Integral Building + Design, Inc (New Paltz, NY) is one of the leading energy rating companies in the region. Additionally, IBD provides an array of consulting services including mechanical system design, commissioning, forensic investigations, measurement & verification (M&V), “real-time” energy & indoor climate monitoring as well as research & development (R&D).
Integral Building + Design, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer