Energy Rating Professional
This position will be responsible for performing energy ratings to certify homes and buildings to energy efficiency standards, including RESNET Home Energy Rating System (HERS), ICC Energy Conservation Code, ENERGY STAR, Indoor airPLUS, DOE Zero Energy, Passive House and other related programs.
Integral Building + Design (IBD) is an independent company based in the Hudson Valley with offices in New Paltz and Nyack, NY. Our team of building performance professionals is dedicated to improving the sustainability and resilience of buildings. We’re seeking an individual who has high professional standards, is energetic and shares our core values of this mission-driven organization.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Energy Rater will conduct energy ratings for residential projects and coordinate communications directly with clients. Specific responsibilities related to HERS or other rating systems include:
- Preparing energy models for single and multifamily buildings;
- Working with clients to develop energy-efficient construction strategies;
- Conducting inspections of job sites for compliance with HERS and other rating systems;
- Performing field-based testing at rough and final construction for program compliance;
- Providing formal and informal trainings of sub/contractors to help them meet efficiency standards and construct better buildings, including addressing building science issues and certification requirements; and
- Maintaining all files for program certification or review by a third party.
Other responsibilities will include evaluating the energy performance of buildings and developing improvement recommendations to achieve increased energy efficiency, reduced carbon emissions and improved indoor environmental quality. Evaluations will assess and address various building systems including the thermal enclosure and mechanical systems as well as construction practices.
Required skills, abilities and experience:
- Valid HERS / Energy Rater Certification
- Two or more years of experience conducting HERS Ratings
- Building science, residential energy evaluations, energy efficiency technologies
- Competency with reading/interpreting building plans and specifications
- Construction experience, project management or work in related trades
- Dynamic ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office, Ekotrope, REM-Rate and other related software applications
- College degree or equivalent technical degree
- Valid driver license and clean driving record
- Able and willing to travel throughout the service area with use of personal vehicle for transportation to project sites
- Able to climb ladders
- Able to carry up to 40lbs, as necessary
- Availability and interest in full-time employment
Preferred skills and experience:
- Additional Rater certifications: ENERGY STAR Homes v3.0 / ENERGY STAR Multifamily New Construction, PHIUS+ Rater or Verifier; USGBC LEED Green Rater
- Other related certifications: Certified Energy Manager (CEM), USGBC LEED Associate, Building Performance Institute (BPI) or similar
- Additional energy modeling experience: WUFI, Wrightsoft, eQUEST, CAD or similar applications
- Previous experience with USGBC LEED, ENERGY STAR, Zero Energy, Carbon Neutral or Passive House certified buildings
- Knowledge of and/or experience with utility rebate programs
- General construction knowledge gained through hands-on experience
Compensation and Benefits: Commensurate with experience, including:
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Professional Development and Training
- Paid Travel
- Retirement / Matching IRA Plan
To Apply: Submit a Letter of Interest along with your Resume to: email@example.com
- NOTE: Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
Integral Building + Design, Inc (New Paltz, NY) is one of the leading energy rating companies in the region. Additionally, IBD provides an array of consulting services including mechanical system design, commissioning, forensic investigations, measurement & verification (M&V), “real-time” energy & indoor climate monitoring as well as research & development (R&D).
Integral Building + Design, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer